[Cg1] AreaLight

Gereon Fox s9gefoxx at stud.uni-saarland.de
Tue Jan 6 01:47:26 CET 2015

Hi,

we are having some trouble with the AreaLight: The constant
texture/material attached to it in the sample scene emits a radiance of
25.0. Obviously, simply returning this radiance in
AreaLight::getIntensity makes the scene much too bright. That is why we
tried to follow all the clues we could find and divided that radicane by
the (sparsely convincing) divisor pi * irr.distance^2. This made our
images look quite similar to the samples, but the bright half-circle on
the white back wall is now a little too small (see attachment).

What are we doing wrong here?

Regards,
Gereon.