[Cg1] Mid-term exam weight

Piotr Danilewski pdanilewski at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 15:12:27 CET 2015

Dear Students,

we recognize that the mid-term exam was not exactly what you expected it to
be. There were many exercises that were tightly dependent and a lot
required doing computation. There was quite a lot of reading packed into a
single 60 minute time slot.
While there were ways around those problems, we understand that in the
"heat of battle" it is not always doable.

For that reason we decided to amend the grading rules in the following,
favorable way:

- everyone passes
- all mid-term exam points are treated as bonus points only, with the same
weight of 20% towards final grade
- final exam now counts with the weight of 60%

We hope everyone is OK with this change.

For the final exam we plan to reduce the amount of complex, chained
exercises in relation to those more direct ones. One or two may still apear
though, since you will have twice the amount of time for them.

The actual points you scored will be available on the web page shortly...

Best regards,
Piotr Danilewski